World Mental Health Day is observed on October 10th every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.
Studies show that 20% of employees have mental health or substance abuse problems at any given time. Troubled employees are absent 2 to 4 times more, and are at least 20% less productive than the average worker. In fact, a study published recently in the Journal of the American Medical Association estimated that the cost of lost productivity to only one disorder, major depression, is over $31 billion annually.
EAPs, through prevention and early intervention services, are a proven, cost effective solution to many of the problems.
HR Strategies is proud to offer the Employee Assistance Programs of EAP Consultants for free to all of our Client Employee’s and their immediate family members.
In regards to mental health, EAP Consultants, LLC offers in-person and telephone assessment, counseling, referral, monitoring, and follow-up in our private offices.
Assistance is available for a wide range of personal issues including:
- Marital & Family Problems
- Work Related Difficulties
- Emotional Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Relationship Difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Medical Problems
- Life Transitions
- Grief and Loss
EAP Consultants, LLC network of clinicians includes:
- Licensed Psychologists
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Marriage & Family Counselors
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Certified Addiction Counselors
- Certified Employee Assistance Professionals
EAP Consultants, LLC carefully selects, screens and oversees a network of clinicians to ensure the highest level of service. Their clinicians are licensed/certified, have a masters or doctorate in the mental health field, and at least three years of post-graduate practice, including EAP experience. Many have specialized expertise and training allowing them to better serve participants. The network clinicians are consistently rated as good to excellent on our participant surveys.
To find out more contact our benefits department at 770-339-0000; or visit EAP Consultants on the web at http://www.eapconsultants.com
Independence has been a goal of Americans since the founding of our country, and those with their own companies tend to be particularly independent. Some people start their own business believing that it is the only route to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”; only to later realize the headaches that can come along with owning and managing a business. While they began their business to gain independence, they lose the freedom that they dream of. They become saddled with letting their business’ rule their lives, depriving them of time with family and friends, and even at times their health.
It is time as business owners to create your own Declaration of Independence!
- Independence from rising administrative costs. Outsourcing your HR administration relieves business owners from the complex HR matters of benefits, workers’ compensation claims, payroll, tax administration, regulatory compliance, etc., and by doing so reduces your overhead.
- Independence from focusing on the mundane. Outsourcing your HR enables small business owners to focus on their core competencies, rather than focusing on running payroll, providing employee benefits, or the many other facets of human resource administration. Outsourcing allows business owners to concentrate on their passion, without being distracted by countless human resources responsibilities.
- Independence from the worry of regulatory compliance. Outsourcing your HR administration can keep business owners compliant by working as their off-site HR department, with the back-up of legal counsel partners, firms specializing in workplace law. Outsourcing can help you reduce your risk and vulnerabilities to Federal, State, Local and Professional Regulatory changes.
- Independence from the nightmare of Workers Compensation Insurance and Risk Management. Outsourcing can help improve the work environment and make it safer by focusing on workplace risk management, safety programs, and good human resource practices. Additionally, when you outsource with a PEO, such as HR Strategies, they can arrange workers’ compensation coverage with major insurance carriers, provide their clients with training on safety and government compliance in regards to workers compensation and risk management, and manage the complexity of claims.
- Independence from the burden of human resource administration and paperwork. When you outsource your HR needs to a PEO you receive assistance with all of the complications and paperwork that go along with the employee lifecycle: writing help wanted ads and job descriptions; drug screening and verifications; new hire candidate assessment tools; new hire paperwork, including I-9 compliance; customized employee handbooks; employee policies and procedures; Federal and State required postings; human resource, supervisor, and compliance training; EEOC claims; Employment Practices Liability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; compliance with IRS, INS, ADA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, DOT, COBRA, Title VII, etc.; discipline and termination counseling; investigation of employee/employer and employment complaints.
Declare Your Independence today by calling HR Strategies at 770-339-0000!
HR Strategies Offers Smoking Cessation through EAP
According to the EAP’s website: Medical authorities have long agreed that quitting smoking is the best individual health decision one can ever make. Yet 22% of Americans continue to smoke.
Each year employers annually experience $150 billion in lost productivity and increased health care costs due to the deleterious health effects of tobacco use.
Most smokers say they really want to quit smoking. But research shows that without help, their chances of success are poor and their odds of relapse are high. How can employers provide employees and their families with practical, convenient and no-cost help to quit smoking? Through the Smoking Cessation services offered by EAP Consultants, Inc.
Our Smoking Cessation services include:
- Information on the effects of smoking and reasons to quit
- Telephonic counseling and support services
- Online quitting programs
- Community resources
A month ago today, on December 14th, 2012, our nation was shocked and saddened to learn of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. Whether, as parents, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc., we watched in horror and we wondered ‘Why’? ‘Why the children’? Though we may never fully comprehend the tragedy, many of us have held the children in our lives a bit closer, and have thought ‘How can I protect them?’ ‘How can I help them heal?’ Many of the children in our communities across the nation were exposed to the tragedy by hearing adults talk, or seeing news programs. Recently our employee assistance program, EAP Consultants, Inc., released a special edition newsletter addressing the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting, and how to help children of all ages through the trauma and distress of disasters and violence. HR Strategies feels it is important to share this valuable information with you.
Generally speaking, employees view payroll as simply receiving a paycheck. However, as a business owner, you are aware of the time consuming process that is involved in preparing those paychecks, distributing them, and the myriad of reporting and tax filing that comes as a result of paying your employees. The process of payroll demands time from an employer; time that could be better utilized concentrating on the revenue-producing side of your operations. HR Strategies is here to free up that time for you by removing the hassle of payroll processing, administration, tax reporting, and compliance.
HR Strategies offers a prescribed and proven process; which is customized to your individual business needs through a variety of tools. Our Time Tracker and Time Tracker Plus software allows you to improve productivity through job costing, and accuracy through our easy to use features and data collection options. HR Strategies’ dedicated payroll specialists easily manage employee information, and simplify your payroll process by checking for accuracy, offering the option of pre-approval by clients, preparing direct deposits and checks, preparing garnishments, and processing a variety of management reports and payroll registers. Our comprehensive HR Information System allows seamless payroll integration with your company’s accounting system, as well as the ability to make address corrections, get online pay stubs, and reprint W2s. As a client of HR Strategies, you have the option of going green and becoming paperless, by which you will receive your reports electronically, and will have web notification when they are ready! If you choose not to go paperless, we have a variety of delivery options for you to receive your comprehensive payroll package. These options will include: direct deposit stubs and/or live checks, invoice, payroll register/journals, payroll worksheets for the next pay period, allocation reports, benefit reports, and other client specified management reports. With HR Strategies, rest assured that all of the after effects of running payroll are handled for you, with on-time and accurate filing of all payroll related taxes to the correct authorities.
Nothing can destroy morale as quickly as a problem that affects pay. Let us handle the complex requirements of payroll processing for you. With our powerful integrated on-site support and personal service, you can rest assured that the responsibilities of payroll have been handled completely and accurately, allowing you to focus on your core business. Our personal attention and commitment to you through our complete payroll team, with your assigned dedicated payroll specialist, will strive to help you run your business better by handling the busy work for you.