2015 is Rapidly Approaching
- Review Employee Job Descriptions and update as needed
- Has there been a change in duties, titles, or most importantly FLSA exempt statuses?
- Labor Law Posters, both Federal and State
- Be prepared for any new ones that will need posted.
- Internal Policies
- Paid time off – Does your policy start over on 1/1? Do you need to reset balances? Payout employees? Roll over balances? Zero out unused time?
- Holidays – Determine the dates of your company recognized holidays for the upcoming year.
- A New Year is the perfect time to roll out any new policies you have been meaning to put in place.
- Make any necessary changes to internal policies in your handbook.
- Employment laws are continuously changing; make sure all policies in your handbook are relevant to the newest employment laws and any changes that have occurred.
- Prepare for any tax updates
- Have a plan of action for W2’s and 1099’s
- Employee Performance Reviews
- Leave of Absence & FMLA
- Make sure your leave of absence policy is complete and as easily understandable by employees as possible.
- Has your company now grown? Review the FLMA regulations to see if your business now falls under the FMLA provisions.
- Review FSA & HSA regulations on end of year and carry over limits
- Review your ACA plans and how they are working for you
- Review – what worked and didn’t work this year? What can you make better next year?
The most important on the list is the last one; simply reviewing the overall processes and policies. If you are currently outsourcing any or all of your HR functions, evaluate your relationship with them and the services they are providing. Is it time to make a change? If you’re not outsourcing, could you be saving time and money by streamlining processes and overall efficiency by handing some or all of the HR Administrative duties to HR Strategies?
HR Strategies is here to aide you in writing job descriptions; drug screening and verifications; customized employee handbooks; employee policies and procedures; Federal and State required postings; human resource, supervisor, and compliance training; EEOC claims; Employment Practices Liability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; compliance with IRS, INS, ADA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, DOT, COBRA, Title VII, etc.; discipline and termination counseling; investigation of employee/employer and employment complaints; and can help review and audit existing procedures. Our benefits specialists handle all aspects of your employee benefits by seamlessly tracking eligibility dates and notifying employees of eligibility, sending out offers for elections, handling ID cards, assisting with claims management and appeals, reconciling and paying the carriers bill, terminating coverage of termed employees, and administering COBRA as applicable. Our personal attention and commitment to you through our complete payroll team, with your assigned dedicated payroll specialist, handles garnishments, direct deposits, paid leave tracking, management & quarterly reports, complete payroll tax administration, wage and hour compliance, and even your W2s, W4s, and 1099s.
In essence we handle the entire list of what to review and prepare for; plus a whole lot more!