A Look Back on 2013
As the end of the year approaches, people and businesses alike take the time to review what has happened and prepare for what is coming next. HR Strategies is no exception. In the world of business, especially Human Resources, a lot of changes are on the horizon, and the HR Strategies staff has been taking a look back at what occurred in 2013 to prepare for 2014.
The following are significant 2013 highlights from both the company itself, and the Human Resources industry:
- HR Strategies added several new vendors to our Perks Program, including Anytime Fitness, Medieval Times and Lifelock. Our Perks Program enables us to provide our clients discounts at many different places including theme parks and wireless phone carriers.
- Continued our philanthropic outreach and added a new “Philanthropy” page to our website. This website allows visitors to see how we are making a difference in each of the charities that we support: Relay for Life/American Cancer Society, the Quinn House, and Saint Jude Research Hospital.
- Additional staff members were added, including a new VP of Finance, Brandy Barden; and Sr. Human Resources Consultant, Susan Clotfelter.
- We continued our investment in our internal and worksite employees through a variety of benefit programs. These include the Humana Vitality Program, an Employee Assistance Program through EAP Consultants, and timely and effective Open Enrollments periods for Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Benefits in addition to medical and dental.
- We continued to improve our technology through updating the efficiency in our Service Center on the website, added more functionality to our Time Tracker systems, and best of all we began Electronic Onboarding!
- A number of senior level associates were able to attend a variety of conferences, allowing them to bring back important new information in the world of Human Resources to continue to improve upon the services provided by HR Strategies as a PEO.
- We continued to expand our knowledge and pass it forward to our clients as the Health Care Reform continues to evolve and expand.
HR Strategies continued to strive to be their clients’ trusted advisor, and are proud to announce yet another way we’ve enhanced that credibility by undergoing an internal controls audit. Our clients can have complete confidence in how we are processing payroll and all other outsourced services provided by HR Strategies. By taking the extensive steps to have an internal controls audit done, we continue to establish our dedication to earning the trust and approval of our clients. The SOC Report from the SSAE 16 audit verifies that HR Strategies has standard processes in place and that those processes are uniform and consistent.
These briefs highlights from HR Strategies’ year give prospects and clients a slight view into what they can continue to expect in 2014. Clients can rest assured, knowing that HR Strategies is growing while continuing to provide the best service and solutions in Human Resources.